Sunday, October 12, 2008

Introduction

I had a special experience this morning in our EQ Presidency meeting. The EQ President was discussing business that was mentioned in PEC. He mentioned that 25 members in every ward in our stake were assigned to take 2-3 hours of their time and call people in California to make them aware of Proposition 8. He went on with some other details. For anyone that wants to research Proposition 8. I am currently reading The Coming of the Lord by Gerald Lund. I just recently read the prophecy stating that the Constitution would hang by a thread and the Elders of the church would be asked to uphold it. This is immediately what I thought of in our meeting. To be clear, I will quote the prophecy:

"When the Constitution of the United States hangs, as it were, upon a single thread, they will have to call for the "Mormon" elders to save it from utter destruction; and they will step forth and do it"
--Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Volume 7, p. 182

After the meeting, I thought to myself how dissappointed I was that I hadn't known about it before, especially since it is a sign of the coming of Christ. In Lund's book, he quotes Matthew24:32-33 where Christ compares his coming to a fig tree in summer: "Now learn a parable of the fig tree; when his branch is yet tender and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors". My purpose in starting this blog is to discuss with other saints what prophecies concerning the second coming they have seen fulfilled in hopes we identify when the leaves are put forth on the fig tree.


I invite everyone to participate in this blog so that we can understand through each other and obey the command of M. Russell Ballard to use the internet to spread the gospel (Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet, BYU Commencement speech, December 15, 2007).

3 comments:

Courtney Ann said...

This blog is way cool! Did you read 50 Signs of the Times before we gave it to dad??
I heard that members were being called to help out with pro 8, but i never connected it with that prophesy.

The WIlloughby Family said...

I skimmed through 50 signs of the times before we gave it to Dad. It was interesting that I just happened to be reading The Coming of the Lord and read about the prophecy about the Constitution and then heard about P8!

The Turnarounds said...

Way to go Benjamin. You are a good example of saying what needs to be said. Vanae and I really enjoy your blog about the signs of the times.